Thursday, January 19, 2012

'Hunger Games' Stars Answer More Of Your Questions!

Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth exclusively talk survival skills, accents and most challenging scenes.
By Kara Warner, with additional reporting by MTV UK


Liam Hemsworth, Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson in "The Hunger Games"
Photo: Lionsgate

As promised, we are back with more from our exclusive interviews with "Hunger Games" stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth — and all the questions were asked by you, the fans.

Last week, Lawrence, Hutcherson and Hemsworth revealed a few of the pranks pulled on set, as well as a preview of what the arena will look like onscreen. This second installment features talk about which actor is most like his or her character, details about the reaping and talk of real-life survival skills. (Minor spoilers ahead for those who haven't read Suzanne Collins' brilliant books!)

Be sure to check back here next week for part three of our interviews.

@RealOrNotReal: Who among the cast is most like their "Hunger Games" character?

Jennifer Lawrence: Josh. Josh is Peeta. He's charming, he's nice, he's very real and down to earth, he's not fake in any way. He just can charm anyone and anything.

Josh Hutcherson: Oh, God, this is going to sound so stupid: Me, because I have literally never read a character, book or script or anything that has a character in it I connected with more than Peeta. I feel like so much of who I am is Peeta. It drove me crazy during the audition process, because I was like, "This is so me, it hurts. If I don't get this, I'm not even good at being me, so now what am I? I have no idea what to do next."

@HGTribute_Manda: What was the most difficult scene to shoot?

Liam Hemsworth: The reaping stuff that we shot was pretty hard. I remember turning up to set the first day and looking out at the few hundred extras there — it looked like a prison camp. It looked so rough and really did look how I think it would be, and it was hot. It was some of the hottest weather I've ever shot in. We had extras collapsing because it was so hot out there. That was probably the hardest stuff to shoot for sure.

Lawrence: I don't know if I have a most difficult scene. Really, the physical scenes, the running. Katniss doesn't really stop running throughout the whole movie, so if I'm running up a mountain in a scene, that's what we shot all day, so by the time we started acting and talking, it was like a vacation.

@p1nklov3er: Is it hard to hide your accent?

Hemsworth: It gets easier and easier. I work with accent coaches a lot and try to do my best to get the Australian out of there. Australians grow up with a lot of American TV; we watch the same movies you watch, so it's not as alien for an Australian to do an American accent as it is for an American to do an Australian accent, because you guys don't grow up hearing our accents. It's in the back of your mind, but it's practice, practice, practice.

@eringabin: In a postapocalyptic world, what would your most valuable survival skill be?

Hutcherson: I think I'd be pretty good at building a fort. I have a lot of experience with that when I was a kid. I built a lot of forts back in the day, so I think my expertise would be in the architecture and design of our shelter.

@OttoRivera: Have you met Suzanne Collins?

Hemsworth: I haven't met her, but I've spoken to her on the phone a few times, and she's really, really lovely. She's obviously tremendously smart, and I love her books, so she's been a big part of collaborating on the script. ... I think everyone involved in the production wanted it to be true to the story, so she's been involved a lot.

@eringabin: Did you get any injuries during filming?

Hutcherson: Not anything too crazy in the injury department. There were the classic bumps and bruises from running through the woods and forest, the big fight scene at the end with myself and Katniss and Cato on top of the Cornucopia, which itself lends itself to having more injuries than other times, but it was pretty good all in all, nothing too serious.

All month long, the stars of "The Hunger Games" will be answering your Twitter questions, exclusively for MTV News. Check back every Thursday in January for more answers from Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth!

Check out everything we've got on "The Hunger Games."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Videos

Erika Christensen Estella Warren Esther CaƱadas Eva Green

No comments:

Post a Comment