Saturday, January 7, 2012

Katherine Heigl: I've Accepted That I Can't Have It All

I have always known I wanted to be a mother. When I was maybe 10 years old, I would ask the mothers at church if I could hold their babies during the service: Since so many of them had several children, they were happy to oblige me. I would skip Sunday school to go play with the kids in the nursery. I volunteered when I was a teenager at a local daycare and fell in love with a little girl named Melanie who I couldn’t help but pretend was my own child. There was just something about the weight of a child in my arms -- their soft cooing, their sweet milky smell, their giggles and even their tears. I loved that I could soothe them, comfort them, play with them and I loved that they needed me on some very basic level.

Brooke Burns Busy Philipps Cameron Diaz Cameron Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment