Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Michelle Williams Calls Heath Ledger Relationship 'Cosmic'

'My Week With Marilyn' actress dons lingerie, talks Ledger in GQ.
By Jocelyn Vena


Michelle Williams in the February 2012 issue of <i>GQ</i>
Photo: GQ

Just days after winning her first Golden Globe for portraying blond bombshell Marilyn Monroe in "My Week With Marilyn," the normally buttoned-up Michelle Williams is turning up her bombshell dial to a big "10" in the new issue of GQ. Gracing the pages in a platinum blond bob and leaving little to the imagination in lingerie, Williams opens up about her early days in Hollywood, her parents and her critically acclaimed work in "Marilyn." And eventually, she talks about her late boyfriend Heath Ledger.

"Our initial meeting, the circumstances of how we first met, were cosmic or something," she said when asked what attracted them to one another while they were shooting "Brokeback Mountain." After an on-again, off-again relationship and one child together, his 2008 death became headline news, and reporters and paparazzi soon intruded on her life.

"It was making me crazy. I felt like I was going crazy. It was too much — trying to deal with what had happened and trying to deal with what was at our doorstep. I just felt trapped," she said, later referencing their daughter, Matilda. "And it's not just me — there's somebody else who I'm trying to protect, and I can't. I can't make it stop, I can't make it go away. Trying to find ways to explain it or shield her from it. It's like you're trying to go about your life, and make dinner...but the roof is off of your house, and the walls are falling down."

Williams and Ledger had been estranged at the time of his death, and when asked if she wonders if they would have ended up together, she said it's "one of my favorite things to imagine." After he died, Williams wondered if she should work again, eventually heading back to movie sets in films like "Marilyn," "Blue Valentine" and the in-the-works "Oz: The Great and Powerful."

On Sunday night's Globes, Williams thanked their 6-year-old daughter for supporting her bustling acting career.

Ivana Bozilovic Ivanka Trump Izabella Miko Izabella Scorupco

No comments:

Post a Comment