Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nicki Minaj Says She's 'Very Excited' To Tour With Lil Wayne

'This is what I've been praying for,' she says.
By Jayson Rodriguez, with reporting by Kelly Marino


Nicki Minaj
Photo: MTV News

Nicki Minaj is an international star these days, but when Harajuku Barbie went on the road with Lil Wayne for his I Am Music Tour two years ago, her portion of the show was limited. For the sequel, however, the "Moment 4 Life" rapper made it onto the marquee.

Minaj will join Rick Ross, Travis Barker and Mixmaster Mike on Lil Wayne's next outing.

"Oh my God, I'm very excited to be touring with Wayne," Nicki told MTV News. "The last time I toured with Wayne I was onstage for three minutes. Now I have my own set, I have my own lighting, my own costumes, my own dancers, my own everything. And this is what I've been praying for [for] a very long time."

She's certainly come a long way compared to when she first joined Weezy's Young Money roster. Wayne admitted she was a nice addition, but he didn't see her becoming as big of a star as she's become. She, along with Drake, gave him the luxury of relaxing while he was behind bars, knowing his protégés were capable of carrying the YM torch.

"I can't front, I just thought she was going to be the new female MC that none of these other female MCs can touch," Wayne said of Minaj earlier this month. "But now, she's blossomed into a megastar with this new attitude and this style. Now when I talk to her, I just tell her, 'Do what you do, baby.' I used to be able to go into the studio and say, 'Nah, don't say that, don't say that.' You know, 'That was better.' Now, do what you do, baby. I don't have a clue about what you're doing right now, but it's working, do it."

Related Artists

Paul McCartney Paulo Moura Pedro Henrique

No comments:

Post a Comment