Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lady Gaga Says Fame Was Her 'Destiny' In New HBO Promo

'There was never a question in my mind that I was gonna make it,' singer says.
By Jocelyn Vena


Lady Gaga
Photo: Kevin Mazur/ WireImage

In a new promo for her May 7 HBO special, Lady Gaga recalls her rise to fame. Sitting in a car, her pals by her side, the Mother Monster explains that she always knew she was going to make it and that she woke up one day "and the delusion was real."

"There was never a question in my mind that I was gonna make it and that this is my destiny and that we were all gonna make it as the kids of this city, as the New York generation," she says, driving through the streets of New York to Madison Square Garden where she taped the concert portion of the special.

"My faith in my creativity and my artistry has nothing to do with making it," she continued. "We kind of had already made it when we were playing for nothing downtown. ... We still felt like we were superstars."

She goes on to credit God for her success, as shots of her in the car are edited with ones of her in a deli getting coffee, walking down the street in a skimpy leotard and leather jacket, and greeting fans from her SUV. Later on, in the middle of a prayer, she says, "They used to always tell me, 'You will never be a star because you're too ethnic, you're too Italian, you're too out there.' It doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from or how much money you've got in your pocket. You have your own destiny and your own life ahead of you."

This is the latest tease for the special. On Monday, in a promo, Gaga cried about her lingering feelings of inadequacy. "I start to think about all the people that have tried to stop me, and I get this super-intense fury. ... I just sometimes feel like a loser still," she says. "It's crazy 'cause we're at the Garden, but I still sometimes feel like a loser kid in high school. And I just got to pick myself up and I have to tell myself I'm a superstar every morning so that I can get through this day and be for my fans what they need for me to be. But sometimes I still feel like people are trying to destroy me."

Previous teases have shown Gaga hitting the streets of New York, dressed in a studded leather jacket and high platform ankle boots, as "Born This Way" plays in the background. That same promo showed the madness at MSG leading up to her show, footage of which is also in the clip. In the second, shorter preview, shots of her performance are revealed as her new single, "Judas," plays.

Related Photos Related Artists

Michael Jackson Lady GaGa Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment