Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taylor Swift Gets Valentine's Day 'Enchanted' Cover From Owl City

Adam Young posts his own version of her song, which was rumored to be about him.
By Jocelyn Vena


Owl City's Adam Young and Taylor Swift
Photo: Larry Marano/ Jordan Strauss/ Getty Images

Taylor Swift famously writes songs about the guys in her life. And while she doesn't always say specifically who those songs are about, it seems one of the subjects of her melodic affections, Owl City's Adam Young, has figured out that he's the guy behind the Speak Now track "Enchanted." (Swift hinted to Yahoo! Music last year that the song might have been about him.)

"The track is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so tremendously honored that Taylor would write such an elegant song and thereby offer a gracious nod in my direction. Needless to say, I was lost for words and utterly smitten. I couldn't stop smiling," he wrote Monday (February 14) on his website. "I figured such an eloquent gesture should be reciprocated by the most polite, heartfelt and respectful response I could possibly muster. It's no secret that I'm a bit shy, so naturally music was the most articulate way of attempting such a sincere endeavor. How does one respond to such a personal outpouring of emotion and sentiment? I tossed and turned over that one."

As a gesture fitting for a day like Valentine's Day, Young wrote a response to Swift's song. "They say 'timing is everything' and that brings us to now. Today is Valentine's Day," he said. "And thus, here is my reply..."

On the synthy ballad, he sings to the star, "I was never in love with someone else/ I never had somebody waiting on me/ 'Cause you were all of my dreams come true/ And I just wish you knew/ Taylor, I was so in love with you."

He went on to post a photo of himself with the star. The pair stand smiling, hugging one another in the photo. "Everything about you is beautiful. You're an immensely charming girl with a wonderful heart and more grace and elegance than I know how to describe. You are a true princess from a dreamy fairy tale; a modern Cinderella," he goes on to say in the blog post. "I'm terribly sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply but I figured Valentine's Day was the perfect time to write this note to you and simply say... I was enchanted to meet you too."

What do you think of Adam Young's gesture to Taylor Swift? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists

Adrian Buchan Adriano De Souza Alex Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment