Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Demi Moore Covers Harper's Bazaar February 2012

She?s newly single and ready to mingle, but Demi Moore isn?t immune to feeling insecure about her body.

The 49-year-old actress shared with Harper's Bazaar that it?s tough being a woman in her industry, where she?s constantly scrutinized and criticized for her appearance.

Demi explained, "I think I sit today in a place of greater acceptance of my body, and that includes not just my weight but all of the things that come with your changing body as you age to now experiencing my body as extremely thin ? thin in a way that I never imagined somebody would be saying to me, 'You're too thin, and you don't look good.??

"I have had a love-hate relationship with my body," she added. ?When I'm at the greatest odds with my body, it's usually because I feel my body's betraying me, whether that?s been in the past, struggling with my weight and feeling that I couldn't eat what I wanted to eat, or that I couldn't get my body to do what I wanted it to do."

And now that she and Ashton Kutcher are divorced, Moore is dealing with a whole new set of circumstances. "What scares me the most is not knowing and accepting that just about everything is not in my control. That makes me feel unsafe. I think being comfortable is perhaps overrated. I think a better word than comfortable is accepting. Accepting weaknesses and strengths and being more able to celebrate all of it as a whole package."

Ana Hickmann Ana Ivanovi Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment