Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Ryder Robinson!

Name: Ryder Russell Robinson

Parents: Kate Hudson & Chris Robinson

Date of Birth: January 7, 2004

Siblings: Cheyenne Robinson, 2 & Bingham Hawn Bellamy, 5 months

Facts:

  • Ryder was born in Los Angeles, Calif.
  • He was born two weeks early
  • Kate went into the hospital to be induced because of concern over Ryder's estimated size and labor stalled so he was born by cesarean section
  • He weighed 8 lbs and 11 oz at birth
  • His maternal grandmother is actress Goldie Hawn
  • His maternal grandfather is actor Kurt Russell
  • His other maternal grandfather is actor Bill Hudson
  • His parents split up with he was 2 years old
  • He speaks both English and French

Quotes:

"I was eight months pregnant and every night he ended his show with a song called "Ride". Ryder would go insane in my stomach every time and it had to be the bass line. It?s kind of a funk song. I made a joke and said, ?Wouldn?t it be funny if we called him Ride.? We?re Grateful Dead fans and ?I Know You Rider? is one of our favorite songs. I just went, ?Ryder,? that sounds great and it feels like him." - Kate on coming up with her first born's name.

"I do remember being rolled out of the surgery room right after I had him and I looked up at my Pa and I said, ?Did you meet Ryder Russell?,? because it was the first time he heard his name. That was a great moment for me and for him." - Kate paying homage to her step-father (Pa) Kurt Russell.

"He loves to sing. He loves to dance. You get a guitar on him, and he's mimicking a real guitar player. Ryder dances to the beat of his own drum already." - Kate on the musical inclinations of her then 5-year-old son.

"Am I going to look back and say, ?God, I wish I could have gone to that concert?? I?d rather be listening to my son sing songs. I?d rather be watching him sleep." - Kate on giving up her active social life for her son.

Top Story? (feature beneath menu): 
Upper Slideshow?

Ana Hickmann Ana Ivanovi Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment