Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lady Gaga 'Already Working' On Born This Way Follow-Up

Singer's manager hopes Gaga will release next LP for free.
By James Montgomery


Lady Gaga
Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

This may not come as a shock to anyone who's marveled at her multitasking ways, but just four months after the release of her Born This Way album, says she's already working on the follow-up, which she says will be released "sooner rather than later."

That's what she told Ryan Seacrest just before the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas, adding that the new disc is just one of many projects she's juggling at the moment.

"I'm actually already working on my next album," she said. "So I've been working on that. I've been planning the next tour, which keeps me very excited and busy because I have lots of new ideas, and I know exactly how I want it to look. I'm also planning my next music video. I have lots of things to do, but in truth, I feel like I'm the most alive when I'm onstage."

And while there's still no release date (or any concrete information) on Gaga's next album, her manager, Troy Carter, recently suggested that, if he has his way, Gaga might give the record away for free.

Check out photos of Lady Gaga and others at the iHeartRadio festival.

"If it was up to me, I'd give away the next album and put it on every handset that I can put it on," Carter said last week at the f8 conference in San Francisco. "You can't be scared to fail. Sometimes we're going to get big results, and sometimes you learn a lesson, make an adjustment and move on."

Gaga made waves back in May with the multitude of methods she promoted Born This Way, including a much-discussed 99-cent pricing scheme with Amazon.com, which temporarily crashed the site.

A spokesperson for Gaga's label could not be reached for comment by MTV News about the new album.

Related Artists

Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky Jenny McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment